Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just the Facts, Please.

If you are checking this blog out for the first time, I suppose you might be a little curious about who I am. And if you aren't you have two choices: read this post anyway or skip it.

But if you are one of the few who would like to know more about me, here are the facts.

I live in Indiana with Kidlet #1, a seven year old boy who loves swimming and dusting (I have no idea where he got that talent) and Kidlet #2, a five year old boy who loves not having to clean (totally know which side of the DNA that trait came from) and asking a million questions a day. (Not an exaggeration... much.) I've been married for almost nine years to my awesome husband. We're currently in negotiations about how I will refer to him on this blog, so for now, he will simply be Dear Husband. Not original, I know, but it will have to do until terms can be reached.

In addition to the human members of our family, we have one feline friend, named Agent C. And yes, that is her real name. Originally, when we got her, she was named Tootsie Roll, but we were knee deep in Phineas and Ferb and there was no way I was having a pet named after a candy. Hence Agent C... or "CAT" when she's being especially naughty.

From the outside looking in, we are your typical 1950's family. Dad goes to work. Mom stays home. Kids go to school. Cat uses the liter box. It's all very Norman Rockwell. But come inside and you find it's not that simple. Dear Husband is a Hospice nurse, I am an aspiring young adult writer who would rather chug coffee and pound a keyboard than clean the windows. The kids are perhaps the most normal, expect that Kidlet #2 likes to sleep under his mattress and Kidlet #1 is rarely in clothes, so strike the normal part. Agent C is actually a nervous cat who rips her fur out if I'm gone for more than two days but she has skills we can't deny, like catching snakes and bats... IN THE HOUSE.

Did I mention my father lives with us? Why yes. Yes he does.

And now you have met the residents of Kidletville. It's not quite the Addam's Family, but we're working on it. We hope you enjoy your visit. And if you see the Mayor, feel free to buy her a cup of coffee. She could probably use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment